Finding the Right Nutrition Plan for Your Body Type
Ever wonder why a nutrition plan that worked really well for your friend did not work for you? Perhaps you’ve struggled to keep to a nutritional plan or wondered what plan is best to help you achieve your fitness goals.
In today’s society there are a large number of different nutritional plans. In fact, there’s a very good chance that everyone reading this has, at some point in their lives, tried one of those popular nutritional plans with varying results. And yet every plan is heavily marketed as being the best plan for you. So which one is?
Let me explain why finding the best nutritional plan for you is easier than you might think. It’s as simple as this: the best nutritional plan for you is one that suits your body type (also called somatotyping dieting). What do I mean by this?
For this post we’re going to keep things simple. We’re going to categorize your physique into one of the following three body types:
- Ectomorphs have long, thin muscles or limbs and slim physiques that generally struggle to gain weight.
- Mesomorphs are muscular with athletic physiques. Of all the types they find it easiest to lose or gain weight.
- Endomorphs have solid and soft physiques that generally gain weight easy.
Once you’ve decided what body type you are, finding the best nutritional plan for you is as simple as following the guidelines of the plan that best suits your body type below.
- Ectomorphs respond best to a high carbohydrate nutritional plan.
- Mesomorphs respond best to a mix of high carbohydrate and high protein that also includes some healthy fats.
- Endomorphs respond best to a high protein, high healthy fats nutritional plan.
All plans include protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates. Each plan, depending on what body type you are, will include more or less of particular macronutrients than the others. Following the nutritional suggestions above will provide the best results for your body type and get you closer to your ideal physique in the quickest time possible.
With this diet, by eating the correct foods for your type, you are less likely to cheat or overeat as you are giving your body the nutrition it needs. You should also generally feel better. Restricting or increasing calories, dependent on your goals, will also need to be considered within the ratio of macronutrients of each plan to achieve your goal. Eat for your body type!